Many students with special needs encounter learning obstacles that can be eliminated or minimized through assistive technology. SETC staff can support your school teams with guidance around selection, trial, and implementation of assistive technology (AT). The SETC staff are also equipped to support technology decisions at the classroom, building, and district-level through the lens of inclusive practices and the Universal Design for Learning.
School district personnel may request assistance from the SETC when they feel that a student’s learning potential is hindered by a disability-related barrier. The barrier may limit a student’s access to curricula or classroom activities or may interfere with the student’s ability to express what he/she has learned.
To request a Tech Assist please fill out the form on our Tech Assist Page
What is a Consultation?
A consultation is an opportunity for the school team to meet with SETC staff to discuss and consider current assistive technology tools and strategies to support a student or classroom. A consultation is not an assistive technology evaluation or assessment. This process does not result in a prescription, nor does the process provide a letter of justification required for Medicaid funding for augmentative and alternative communication or other assistive technology tools. The school team is encouraged to take notes during the consultation and will be provided with follow-up email with links to tools and resources discussed during the consultation. No formal report follows the consultation.
Formats and Pricing:
1. Free 30 minute Tech Assist
2. Virtual consultation with the school team ($400, includes 3 hours of SETC services & follow-up support)
3. In-person consultation at the school site ($1000, includes 3 hours of SETC services & follow-up support)
4. SETC Pricing list link
Request a Consult
1. Fill out the online consultation request form below. Or print and fill it out manually (PDF Consult Request Form)
2. Submit a video of the student per the instructions below. Send the video via email to email@example.com
3. Upon completion of the consultation form email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. SETC will contact you within 2 weeks of submitting a consultation request